Tell us about yourself: Karli Chandler is the owner + maker of Karli Ann Designs an Indiana based Design shop. A one woman shop, that cuts, builds and hand paints every piece. Everything is free hand painted. An Indiana native, I live here with my husband and 3 year old daughter with another daughter due April 8th. My husband and I are active outdoors men. Softball takes up most of my summer and deer hunting takes up most of my fall. I use the winter to snuggle my little girl and catch up on my small business.
How and when did your business get started? My business begin 2 years ago when sitting in a chair all day counting money back to people became boring and I couldn't wait to go home to start my second job of painting. One day came along when the opportunity presented itself to stay home with my daughter to do what I loved, so I jumped on it in late 2014. The day I went to buy my own 12 inch sliding mitre saw I laughed and cried (all in joy of course). I never thought I would see the day of me using power tools as my job. I'm so happy this is my career, I get to do what I love every single day all while raising my little human and soon to be two!
What is your favorite product in your shop? Tell us how you came up with it. My product line is not really a line. Most every piece I create in from scratch. I do 98% custom orders that consist of my customers certain size, colors, quotes and personalized pictures. The other 2% are sometimes a repeat of a design I had done in the past.
Where do you find your inspiration and creativity? I am inspired + motivated by her daughter who is quite the creative soul. She has room full of toys but you can always find her at her own paint table beside me painting away.
What are your favorite things about being a vendor in a handmade market? The support and encouragement of all my customers face to face.
Give us 5 fun facts about you and/or your business….I harvested my first buck with a compound bow. I can eat Mexican food every day and it drives my husband crazy, especially when our daughter says "Let's go to the taco place!" A year into my mitre saw adventure of cutting and building my own pieces I ended up with 7+ stitches in my upper lip. Wild mushroom hunting is one of my favorite things to get outdoors and search for. I enjoy a good bottle of wine.
Visit Karli Ann Designs at www.karlianndesigns.com
Follow Karli on social media